Saturday, March 23, 2013

Compaq CQ58-BF9WM Windows 7 Drivers

After Windows 8 was launched, and I realized my current notebook computer was going on 7 years of age.  I figured that I might go ahead and buy a new computer to replace it.  Well, I found a Compaq CQ58-bf9wm on sale at Wal-Mart on Black Friday for about $180.  I stood in line for 4 hours to get one and couldn't wait to get it home and try out Win 8.  After dabbling around I realized it just did not work well with this PC.  It would stop typing and the cursor would change places by itself at times.  So I decided to turn it back to Windows 7 Ultimate, I just needed to find the drivers.  After searching the HP site for this model it only shows the option for Windows 8 drivers download so I found a workaround knowing that windows Usually finds the correct drivers during windows updates. So I searched for the wireless driver for windows 7 for the following devices:

DEVICES SUPPORTED: 
Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

The driver I found was SP58586 which came out for earlier CQ58's running Win 7 and supporting Ralink adapters.  I installed this driver and this gave me WiFi access to start the Windows 7 Updates.  Once Windows 7 starting updating it found the rest of the drivers that I needed for the LAN and for the AMD Graphics Processor. Once this was done updating all my drivers were correct and working properly.  Below I have provided a link to the driver to get you started on your way to having Windows 7 on your CQ58-bf9wm notebook and get rid of the annoying Windows 8.

Driver Link:  sp56942.exe

No comments:

Post a Comment